Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mamaw Cole's Spaghetti

Yes, everyone knows how to make spaghetti. This is just the only kind of Spaghetti I am allowed to serve at our house because it's everyone's favorite and just a little different. If you are looking for a think, chunky, seasoned sauce this isn't it. I think everyone in my family likes this because it's very mild for the sensitive stomachs.

1 large can diced tomatoes (or whole tomatoes then just cut them up)
1 small can tomato sauce
1 tsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (divided-I also use mild if I don't have sharp)

Combine everything except sharp cheddar cheese and heat on stove while the noodles are cooking.
Add 1/2 cheese to sauce, stir and pour over spaghetti. Add the rest of the cheese on top and mix until melted.

1 comment:

  1. This was so great at the activity this week, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete