Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Magic Milk Shakes

I got this from a food storage blog and have been dying to try it out. So tonight I did.


On the blog where I got it it showed a picture of a giant Wendy's smoothie; apparently, that is what it's supposed to look like. Well it didn't turn out that thick or smooth, but it was still yummy and uses ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.

1 1/2 to 2 cups ice water
1 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 trays of ice cubes (the more the better)
1 Tbsp oil + a 5 second squirt of non-stick spray (the oil is for emulcification)

Place all the ingredients in the blender. Use less water for thicker shakes. The blender should be about 3/4's full. Process for atleast 2 MINUTES- * important*. The continued blending breaks up the ice crystals. I have a weak blender and blended for about 4 min. Pour into cups and serve. I put mine in a cup and walked away for a while, when I came back and stirred up the big clump in the middle it made it a bit thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment