Monday, December 6, 2010

Molasses Cookies

As most of you know my mom died in December. She went in the hospital 7 years ago today and never came back home. I wanted to do something in her memory so I baked one of her most favorite cookies. She would have loved to have shared them with you. I wish you all could have known here. She was a pretty special person.

Molasses Cookies

Beat together well:
1 1/2 cups Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs

Here's a hint I think I learned from Martha Stewart - spray your measuring cup with PAM before you measure the molasses and it will slide right out.

Add:
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 teaspoons baking soda

Roll into balls and drop into some granulated sugar. Place approximately 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake in a 375 degree oven until cookies have definite cracks and the edges aren't burnt. 6-7 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. Even better, measure out your vegetable oil in your 1/2 cup, then use that same cup to measure the molasses. These sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you took the time to make something special on a day that's hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so delicious, thank you for sharing your special cookies.

    ReplyDelete