Friday, December 3, 2010

Cookies People... We need the Cookie recipes

Everyone in the cookie swap please post your cookie recipes.  They were all delicious and it seems I need to make them all to satisfy my husband's poor little sob story and how he didn't get any.
I'll start with my recipe:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Treats

Cookies-
1 pouch betty crocker peanut butter cookie mix
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp water
1 egg
Coating-
1 cup semisweet choco. chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Heat oven to 375.  In large bowl stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms (or you can use your own peanut butter cookie recipe and make the dough from scratch)
2. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.  On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.  Cool 2 min.  Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.  Cool completely, about 15 min.
4. In small microwavable bowl, melt choco. chips, butter, and peanut butter uncovered on high 1 min. to 1 min 30 seconds; stir until smooth.  Stir in vanilla.
5. Frost the cooled cookies with the chocolate frosting and then immediately place the cookie in a bowl of the powdered sugar and toss around to coat (or you could do this in a ziploc bag and shake it around).
6. Repeat until all cookies are frosted and then coated in powdered sugar.  Right before serving I always top each cookie with a little more sugar because it tends to be absorbed by the chocolate rather quickly.

3 comments:

  1. How did I not get to taste this one?!?!?! They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... mine didn't exactly look this pretty. There were too many cookies to choose from. I'm sure I didn't get to taste a lot of them, which is why I want recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were yummy. I especially want Heidi J's Gingersnaps recipe...

    ReplyDelete