Thursday, October 28, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup

If we were giving prizes away at Fabulous Friday I think this soup would have been a blue ribbon winner for sure. I'm pretty sure I saw people licking their bowls and weeping over the empty crockpot. :)

Thanks Alyssa for sharing this yummy recipe with us.

Cheesy Cream of Vegetable Soup

2 cups diced potatoes
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery (I replaced with broccoli)
6 teaspoons or cubes of chicken bouillon
Simmer above to semi-soft.

1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon powdered mustard
3 Tablespoons flour
2 cups milk

Do not drain vegetables. Add the white sauce to cooked vegetables. Add 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Heat together but do not boil.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so excited to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much water do you use with the vegetables? Does it matter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better try it too since I didn't get a chance at Fabulous Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is just enough water to barely cover the vegetables. It's similar to a soup recipe I have and that's how much water it says to use.

    ReplyDelete