Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chops and Bean

I got this recipe a few years ago from Good Things Utah. It is yummy and it's a crockpot meal. Got to love those!

Chops and Beans

Two 1lb. cans pork and beans
1/2 cup ketchup
2 slices of bacon, browned and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped onions, sauteed
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4-6 pork chops
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
One lemon

1. Combine beans, 1/2 cup ketchup, bacon, onions, Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 cup brown sugar in slow cooker.

2. Brown chops in skillet. In separate bowl mix together 2 teaspoons mustard, 1 Tablespoon brown sugar and 1/4 cup ketchup. Brush each chop with sauce then carefully stack into slow cooker, placing a slice of lemon on each chop. Submerge in bean/bacon mixture.

3. Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hours.

I put the lemon on the chops the first time I made it. It was a very prominent taste in the final dish. I haven't put the lemon on the other times I have made it.

1 comment:

  1. Is it weird that I've never had pork and beans? I should add the disclaimer that I've never been much of a bean fan unless it's in some sort of burrito or chili. However, I think I may try this dish! It looks yummy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete