Monday, February 1, 2010

Turkey Bacon Avocado Panini

I love panini's! Today when I was looking at blogs I saw somebody had made a homemade panini and really wanted one. Am I the only one that struggles with what to make for lunch everyday? It seems like most choices are quick and unhealthy. Anyways, I thought of this for lunch and it turned out great.

It isn't really a recipe, but more just whatever you would like. I put turkey meat, bacon, avocado, mozzarella cheese, and carmelized onions and peppers.
This is a picture of the peppers and onions. I like them to be just starting to carmelize. They are sweet and still really delicious. Anyways, after I had layered the sandwich together, I buttered both sides and pressed in my George Foreman grill.
It was delicious. Alex ate it up too. He is a really good eater. I think it would have been better with pepper jack cheese and maybe a chipotle sauce. Does anybody know how to make one or a good chipotle sauce to buy? I really like it in restaurants, but haven't ever had it at home.
Anyways.....delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment